Monthly Archives: November 2011
dearest lover of the midnight sky
will you come dance with me?
until dawn breaks
as your face will soon fade
dearest lover of the dark
and eerie sea
will you sail with me?
in this world of harsh waves
dearest lover of the rich forest
must you be so mysterious?
i hear your footsteps pacing
though you are no where in sight
to my lover of the arctic circle
why are you so callous?
warm your heart up to me
defrost your cold exterior
and to my true love
will you waltz with me?
and accompany me on the journey of life?
please don’t hide yourself
hold a flame to your soul
and let it kindle yours and mine
for if then, my lovers will have lost
and you and I will become
a long year was awaited
for in the shadows I lurked
sunken into a rut was my soul
how desolate I had become
I am waking from the nightmare
to a sunrise so sweet
I could almost taste
the sprinkles of morning dew
that is included in this picturesque scene
”please sun do not turn into dusk”
I plead with the luminous creation
“I need the help of your light to guide me
for without your direction
I have trepidation
of losing the anticipation
of the next epoch”
the sun did not set
I am thankful for my content disposition
and for my health that He in his good grace
has bestowed upon me
This is a poem i wrote about the fascinating story of the Bible about Adam and Eve. This is how I like to imagine how they were 🙂
it wasn’t a descent
nor a Birth
i was formed
his rib became mine
he calls me Eve
i call him Adam
no human besides us
in this ”world”?
we don’t converse
he stands from afar
gazing at me with his big black eyes
his lips curve to an unknown expression
two confused souls
stranded here in Eden
there is only one thing standing between us
The Tree that will start the tragedy of our epic romance
he comes closer
our souls longing to merge together
clearly i am the positive to his negative
i am the only voice he will want to receive
we become companions
we then begin to communicate in our unique language
using whatever noises comes out of our vocals
we control our hand movements to sign language
the weather is pleasant
the wind makes The Tree ever so beautiful
the temptation becomes stronger
he longs to give into his desire
i never meant for it to happen
everything would have been Perfect if it wasn’t for this incident
the fault was mine
the Sin was his
my soul mate transgressed
the first man to ever have done so
i am not ashamed
i love him despite his flaws
we are banned from the garden
The Tree isn’t between us anymore
now we are in the black shadows
the sword of fire is blocking Eden’s entrance
everything has changed
soon Adam will fade
Death will come into the picture
Evil now has the power to prevail
Indeed this is a romantic tragedy
but it was His intention
for without Evil
where is Good?
It has been a while
Since you and I
I the emotional
And you, the vessel to my feelings
Perhaps a hobby?
Whatever the relief is labeled as
I think of it as escapism
You and I
I the creative
And you the masterpiece
The finished product of my madness
You inhale life
I exhale my depth into words
That penetrates whatever you are
Into your demonic force that I am drawn to
I crave you
The tips of my fingers are aching
For that familiar sensation
The one that I have been experiencing for years
You are the blank sheet
Of unwritten words
The innocent turned scarred
Because of my never ending and obscure ideas
This poem was written after about a month of not writing anything. I missed writing dearly thus I dedicated a poem..well..to my love for writing!
My review and some explanation of the storyline will include the names of the characters and not the actors’ in order to better please the ”breaking dawn twihard” fans! this is not one of my poems thus i did not put in punctuation marks or capitlized letters though i still find it pleasent to read. enjoy and feel free to give me feedback on it!
- one of the first scenes in the movie consists of Edward’s eyes being red. Now i know there is no such thing as ”unrealistic” when it comes to vampires but the director could have made it seem like he was a bit more ”normal” with his usual hazel eyes.
- when bella is in her room and touches jacobs dream catcher and smiles, edward shows up right beside her and doesn’t seem to be the slightest bit jealous,wich i thought was odd considering that in every other movie..he acted like he was in fact intolerant to the feelings between jacob and bella.
- the bedroom scene continues with jasper and emmet beckoning edward to the bachelor party. this part of the scene was well done as bella asked edward if there were going to be any ”strippers” at the event..
- now the wedding scene was a bit short but oh so beautiful. i personally do not need a fancy and over the top wedding to be satisfied when that day comes (Gd willing) however, this would be any girl’s dream -wedding. the setting was full of white flowers and gorgeous vampires. the theme was white.
- bellas appearance and display of nervousness fit perfectly when she was walking down the long isle to greet edward with a crooked smile.
- when bella and edward exchanged vows the audience of guests seemed to have disappeared and it was as if the pair were indeed in a ”twilight zone” (no pun intended). i loved the fact that ”flightless bird” by ”american mouth” was playing in the background as that was the song that played in the first film when bella and edward danced to it in the prom scene. again the director created yet another romantic scene in this film.
- when the vows were uttered the couple continued to have a long kiss that i thought was a bit inappropriate to share when there was a full audiance staring enviously at them.
- at the reception i thought the ”toasts” where well-played out. edward’s was of course very heart-felt as he stated that they will start their journey of marriage with ”forever”. that was indeed the perfect way to describe their future as bella will become immortal and they both will live happily after for ”forever”.
- now.. oddly enough when Edward tells bella that another one of her ”gifts” have arrived to the wedding and she saw that he had invited jacob her eyes lit up even more so than when she first looked at edward when he was standing at the end of the aisle by the vow scene.never the less jacob and bella continue to dance in an extremely charming way. he twirled her and smiled with sadness in his eyes as the love of his life is about to turn into a vampire and is now bound to edward for all eternity. this was the first scene where my eyes watered at the sight of bella and jacobs’ eyes refusing to meet eachother.
- jacob then continues to be extremely angry at bella when she tells him that she and edward will be consummating their marriage as if they were a typical couple and that it was not dangerous.
- at the end of the wedding when bella and edward were off to their long-awaited honeymoon..bruno mars’ music was featured in the film. for a pop song it surprising fit in well…the song that was playing happened to be my favorite for a while even before it was played in the movie.
- the farewell scene between bella and her father was very emotional..i actually cried a little by the sight of this moment. father and daughter scenes in wedding scenes in my opinion are usually very sweet and semi sad as everything will have changed..daddy is no more protecting his daughter. he has given her over to her loyal husband.
- i liked how jacobs howl was heard when bella and edward drove off to their honey moon destination. that just made me sad and sorry for jacob.
- when the couple arrived to the holiday house on the island that carlisle generously purchased for them..they took one look at the king sized bed and smiled at each other in nervousness. i thought that was well portrayed and even made me nervous at the thought of the wedding night. when they do make love and the bed collapses the audiance in the theatre was laughing hysterically as the scene couldn’t get any more unrealistic than that. when the pair woke up from that long-awaited act they played chess which was great because the book cover of ”breaking dawn”has chess pieces on it..
- when edward finds out that bella is pregnant after such a short amount of time..the audience found edward’s face humerous for he was in shock. edward knows that this is not a good situation for bella and the vampire baby and continues to say that carlise needs to get ”that thing’ out of her womb.
- bella continues to grow weaker as she wants to keep the baby because she already has that mother-child bond. this makes edward extremely angry because bella is being selfish and decides to risk her life. the movie did a good job at making her look weak and thin. it was almost nauseating to look at her skeleton- like body. she looked like she was a senior citizen in the 2nd part of the film.
- having read the books a couple of years ago i found it hard at first to understand why bella chose rosalie to protest for her decision to have the baby. i think anyone who hasn’t read the books would be lost in that comprehension. i then figured out that rosalie wanted a normal life before she was turned into a vampire. she was always envious of bella that she was human and was able to lead a regular life. if rosalie was still human she would have loved to bear a child. thus rosalie feels for bella.
- i did not like how the special effects of the werewolves human- like communication came about. i thought it was extremely cheesy as the characters’ voices did not match the movement of their mouths. it was also confusing to know wich werewolf was wich.
- when jacob decides to escape the clan..seth (a wolf part of the clan) decides to join him as well as lea (a woman werewolf)..i thought seth had a cute sidekick personality.
- in the home hospice scene wich was well done ( for they had sophisticated hospital equipment) jacob comes up with a brilliant idea wich was merely meant as a ”snyde remark”. the cullen family figures out that bella needs to drink blood in order for both baby and mother to survive. this plan seems to work and bellas pulse rapidly continues to improve. i thought it was cute how edward trys to make the drink look presentable when he puts the blood in a cup with a straw. this shows what a dedicated husband he is.
- when jacob comes up with the plan of leading the werewolf clan off the cullen territory the director did a horrible job of explaining what the scheme was. for anyone who hasn’t read or forgot the storyline of the book..they most probably were confused.
- the audiance gasped at the sound of bellas body cracking when she was about to have the baby.
- i think the whole birthing scene was extremely dramatic. i even found it hard to comprehend why there was a confused child around 2 years old sitting with her parents at this intense scene. i think it is a movie too mature for that age group to be able to watch.
- jacob did extremely well acting when he thought that bella was dead. he sobbed uncontrollably on the steps of the cullens home.
- i thought the fighting scene with the werewolves and vampire was captivating. the special effects make it look ”realistic”.
- when jacob is inside the cullens house he begins to imprint on renesme (bellas baby) while bella is still assumed dead. the imprinitng scene was amazing. it showed how renesme will look in years to come. she is gorgeous of course and jacob is already in love.
- edward is still with bella trying to revive her with his venom when she shockingly becomes ”alive” again though she is now a vampire. it was cool to see the venom mixing with the blood in her veins. i thought that was well done and interesting to watch.
- after the treaty is void because of the fact that jacob imprinted on renesme the werewolves leave jacob and the cullens alone.
- the main characters are surrounding bella while she is laying peacefully with her eyes shut. they are waiting for the transformation to fully take effect. bellas hair begins to change into a lighter color and her face becomes full again and continues to grow pale.
- she then opens her eyes wide and they are blood-red. the movie ends there and leaves viewers in anticipation of the last film.
overall the movie was definatly different from all the other previous twilight films. ive watched ”breaking dawn” twice and still think i should view it a couple more times in order to have a full opinion on it.
The never ending question arises
”Can money buy happiness?”
I sit and ponder about my empty pockets
And i think to myself ”no”
It is bitter cold out
I am barely clothed appropriate for this gloomy weather
My stomach pangs at the smell of the corner bakery
My hunger sounds louder than the thunder surrounding me
If one were in my torn and ancient shoes
They would probably do almost anything
For a crumbled bill of green
For that one ticket to a satiated feeling
I am not everyone else
I am a broken musician
My chords are locked away with my soul
My reason for breathing has shifted
And so I sit here
Bathing in G-d’s shower
Wondering when I will ever see her again
My smooth wooden ”Anna”
She was my entertaining and loving universe
My broken heart and frost bitten finger tips are worn
From the hours of attention I would pay her
What I wouldn’t do to hear her hum her melancholy tune
When she fell apart
So did I
Her in the literal sense
Me in theory
I refused to obtain a new instrument
For nothing can replace her
Or the sweet lullaby i used to make with her
To answer the query
It takes someone like I
To fully comprehend
What is the true definition of happiness
so i have this idea for a book that i would like to write someday..im not worried about someone stealing the idea because it would take a lot of knowledge and research in order to make this project come about. the idea is basically about different characters who live in modern day society, that will portray the many different saints in the bible…i think it would be a cool book to write..
HI! please dont mind my punctuation and spelling..i feel i write better when that is not on my mind! a glimpse of me..hmm..Well im a jewish orthodox girl of 23 who thinks outside the box. i attended strict orthodox schools that trained me to think in a ”sqaure” manner. i always felt that in school i wasnt aloud to be myself thus out of that environment i would obsess over ”harry potter” ,”star wars”, and ”lord of the rings”. i would rather live in a world with goblins and vampires than to be in reality where all those things are masked by ”ordinary” people. i write when i get fustrated about anything and everything. i enjoy writing about..you guessed it.. fantasy…
I was given a task to destroy them
The demon-like beings
That lurk in the shadows
Of the resting place of many
I asked bluntly to my authority
”Why am I chosen for this mission?”
He then looked through me with his piercing eyes
Behind his square shaped spectacles
He answered with a quiet chant
”The one who has risen
will be the one to slay
those that will rise”
I indeed have risen
Not from a casket
But from the fiery pit of Hell
The point lower than the core of Earth
I, the slayer, will meet my match
In a battle of good and evil
You see, I decided to live
While the parasite has chosen to kill the innocent
This was inspired by a dream I had about ”buffy the vampire slayer”. I found depth to it.